ForumsQuestionsIPhone: getting tasks to show up in "standard" calender?

IPhone: getting tasks to show up in "standard" calender?
Alfred

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

is there a way (by exporting/importing, etc...) to get tasks *with* due date/time to show up in the stock IPhone calender?

thx for any thoughts
Al
Anders

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
The easiest way I know of is to sync through Google Calendar. You can set up an iCal subscription for your Toodledo tasks. Look for it under "Import/Export/Sync". Then you can sync Google Calendar with the built in iPhone calendar using Google Mobile Sync. ALL your dated tasks will show up in your calendar. Tasks without a specific time will be shown as all day events, and those with start and/or due times will show as ordinary events.

You can do the same sort of thing through Outlook, Apple iCal, etc. if you use one of those prgrams, and want to bypass Google.

~Anders
Alfred

Posted: Jun 13, 2009
thx Anders:

I managed to export the file from the www. to my desktop ...

Since I am cheap, i dont have any "paid" calender solution (Outlook or iCal) - and I really dont want "big brother" google to know my whereabouts ...

are there any other options to get this file back into my iPhone?

thx for your time / effort
Al
Anders

Posted: Jun 13, 2009
Posted by Alfred:
are there any other options to get this file back into my iPhone?

Not any official ones that I know of. I believe the only programs that can sync through iTunes to the iPhone are Outlook and Apple iCal. There are other apps that could work for getting your file onto the phone, but since Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to access the built in calendar, your tasks still won't show up there. As far as I know, the only options other than the desktop apps, and MobileMe, are solutions using an exchange server like Google Sync does. Maybe when Apple releases OS 3.0, there will be more options, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

~Anders
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.