ForumsQuestionspreserving contexts in palm sync

preserving contexts in palm sync
dylan.boyd

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I finally acquired a pda-phone (treo 700p) and was excited to bring my toodledo lists with me away from the computer. I knew I would be settling a bit going with the cheaper treo over the iphone, only being about to export my todo's rather than synchronizing them, but I'd done that in other systems previously so I didn't mind.

What I did mind, however, was finding that the palm export loses the context data and by default organizes my todos by folder. This means that as I move through my world, changing contexts, I can't sort my todo's to match. This makes the feature unusable to me.

Am I missing something? can I get my toodledo's onto my palm by context? Is Toodledo going to do anything about this now that the Treo is even more obsolete (Palm Pre)?

Say it ain't so...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Unfortunately, if Palm does not provide a way to export the data with contexts intact, there isn't much that we can do.
dylan.boyd

Posted: Jun 13, 2009
I'm not sure if I was misunderstood or not - I'm trying to export from Toodledo to my palm device. before Toodledo, I was using the task app in palm and using 'Categories' as contexts. The current Toodledo -> Palm export is mapping 'Folders' to 'Categories' and I'd like it to map 'Contexts' to categories instead. I'm not intimate with the details of this task programmatically, but I think the solution would be from the Toodledo export side, not the Palm import side. Can this be done?

Of course, if Palm makes it impossible somehow, then you're right. There's not much you can do :) and I have to buy an iPhone or Blackberry...:(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 15, 2009
Sorry, I did misread your first post. I thought you were going from Palm to Toodledo.

You are correct that currently we map Folders to Categories. There is not currently a way to map contexts to categories. Sorry. I'll put this on our todo list.
dylan.boyd

Posted: Jun 20, 2009
Thanks, Toodledo. I love that you respond so reliably on these forums.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.