ForumsQuestionsselective alarms

selective alarms
equiplist

Posted: Nov 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see the ability to make 'selective alarms'. I might want one item to send me an email, another to send me an email. It seems that if I choose to set an alarm, it gets sent to all of the alarm types.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 16, 2015
Yes, currently an alarm will be sent to every place that you have setup. The idea behind this is that you don't want to miss an important alarm, so we send it everywhere we can. We don't currently have plans to make it possible to only send some alarms to some places and other alarms to other places.

However, if you are a programmer or know a programmer, there is nothing stopping you from using our Developers API to make your own app that sends alarms to different places if you really need something like this.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2015.
equiplist

Posted: Nov 17, 2015
I mis-spoke, so to speak, "I might want one item to send me an email, another to send me an email". I meant 'another to send me an sms'. But you got my point.

Thanks for the prompt response. No one else has asked for this? No, I am not a programmer. I don't "really need" this. Hopefully, others will ask for this and you good folks at Toodledo will consider implementing.

---
Un-related, but something else I was scratching my head about, is search. How do I go about searching for text that is in the notes, but not in the title?
Salgud

Posted: Nov 18, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by equiplist:

Un-related, but something else I was scratching my head about, is search. How do I go about searching for text that is in the notes, but not in the title?

Depends on which Notes you're talking about. If you're talking about the Note field with the tasks:

Open the search box, select Notes | contain | x

If you're talking about the separate (completely separate, except for using the same Folders) Notes, there is no search capability on content. In case you find that hard to believe, I'll repeat. TD's Notes have NO SEARCH capability. The only field of this type without a search capability that I can remember since the DOS days. I don't use them anymore. What's the point? The more you use them, the harder it gets to find a note later.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 18, 2015
Salgud,

Im surprised you haven't found the search function in the Notes section. Its been there since day 1. In the top right corner of the notes section is a search bar. Type your query in here which will start by searching the title. If that doesn't find the note, you can click the "Continue Searching in full text" link at the bottom of the note list to do a full search of the entire note.

And to elaborate on how to search a Task's note, this will explain how to do an advanced search: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

This message was edited Nov 18, 2015.
equiplist

Posted: Nov 19, 2015
Yes, I was talking about task notes. Somehow, I wasn't seeing it, in the drop-down, the entry for "Note".

Thanks, Jake. All the best, Barry.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 19, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Salgud,

Im surprised you haven't found the search function in the Notes section. Its been there since day 1. In the top right corner of the notes section is a search bar. Type your query in here which will start by searching the title. If that doesn't find the note, you can click the "Continue Searching in full text" link at the bottom of the note list to do a full search of the entire note.

And to elaborate on how to search a Task's note, this will explain how to do an advanced search: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

Doh!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.