ForumsQuestionsviewing all folder tabs?

viewing all folder tabs?
karin

Posted: May 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I've just been using Toodledoo for about a week and am appreciating it very much.

I have so many folders (already!) that some of them don't appear in the tabs when I'm viewing all the folders. I've found the "More" menu to view and chose the ones that don't fit, but is there a way to have them all appear at once? (Such as having the names truncate or the tabs go to two rows.)

Thanks
yorick.cool

Posted: May 21, 2008
I agree with this, I was going through he forum to see if there was an answer to this question :-)

In my view, an alternative solution could be to offer the option to have the tabs spread out vertically along the interface rather than horizontally at the top. I don't know about you, but that would be equally good for me. No idea which would be easier to implement though.
karin

Posted: May 21, 2008
Yes, that would be equally good for me. Basically, I'd like to be able to see all my folder names with the number items are in each, and then be one click away from the items in the folder.

I wonder if that is available in one of the upgrade versions. I'm starting to think not by the lack of answers.
karin

Posted: May 22, 2008
I just noticed that when I'm viewing all my tasks by folder, if I click on a folder name it "collapses" the folder. Then I see the name of the folder with the number of tasks in parentheses, and the list of tasks below disappears. If there was something I could click to collapse all tasks I think that would accomplish what I and yorick.cool want to do.

(I wonder if I'm going to find out it's right there in plain sight. So many other things I've wanted to do in Toodledo--I've looked a little and they have been right there.)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you have more folders than can fit across the top of the page, the extra folders will be stuck into the "More" link. There currently is no way to show all your folders on multiple rows, but thanks for the suggestion.

Also, there is currently no way to have dividers toggled closed by default, but having a "close all" button is an interesting idea.
kleerkoat

i'd like to see that added.
paul

Posted: Dec 30, 2008
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I'd like to see this, too. The iPhone app does this nicely... you can click on "Folders" and get a list of all the folders. It would be great if the same thing was available on the web client.
Canyon Russell

Posted: Dec 31, 2008
I think they did this already.
If I go to the "View By: Folders" I can click on "Toggle Dividers" and get just the list of Folders. And they open as I click on their names.

Here is a suggestion, although it may be a bit cumbersome, Tooodledo could post in the "Request" threads when they implement a feature that was requested.
mr_many_notes

Posted: Jan 02, 2009
I agree that the current interface is very clumsy and annoying when there are more folders than will fit along the top. If there is a way to reorganise this, it should happen automatically, and not by default be clumsy and awkward.

What do you say Toodledo?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 02, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.