ForumsQuestionsKeeping Toodledo up to date

Keeping Toodledo up to date
julian

Posted: Jun 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I am a relatively new user. At the end of a few days I go thru my lists and update all - it takes ages, and often it freezes and I have to shut it down and start again. Changes made are saved when this happens, but it does take a long time and is a pain. Is there a way to make multiple changes eg change all tasks due to complete June 5th to June 16th?
Thanks
Anders

Posted: Jun 14, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I have to assume you are referring to an iPhone app since I have never heard of the website freezing. In fact, I have never had the Toodledo iPhone app freeze on me either. Are you using the official Toodledo app, or one of the 3rd party apps?

You can't edit groups of tasks on the iPhone, but you can edit multiple tasks simultaneously on the website using Toodledo's Advanced Search with Multiedit: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
For instance, the changes in your example would be easy to make by searching for tasks that are not complete AND have a Due Date of June 6th, then using multiedit, you could change all the dates at once.

~Anders
julian

Posted: Jun 18, 2009
Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I am using a proper version, I got in on the iphone via the i store. what happens is that the "moving circle" (i guess its the equivalent of the egg timer!" just appears and doesnt go away - so I have to close and restart. This doesnt happen all the time however.
Also, for some reason my iphone says it is syncing, but it doesnt - so it is now out of date v the web version. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 18, 2009
If you are on a slow network connection, and have lots of tasks (more than 1000) it might take while to sync. Just be patient and let it complete. Also, if you are using iPhone 3.0, our app isn't fully compatible, but we have an update submitted to Apple that is, so we'll just have to wait for Apple to approve it.
julian

Posted: Jun 19, 2009
Hi, I only have about 200 tasks- and they always kept syncing fine on the iPhone. It is just recently that it does the sync, but nothing changes. Should I delete the app and start again maybe?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 19, 2009
As long as everything is up to date on the website, deleting and reinstalling the app couldn't hurt. You might want to first go into the settings and do a "Purge Tasks" and then do a full resync. That might help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.