ForumsQuestionsFolder Views

Folder Views
Stephen

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just started using toodledo and im trying to figure out how to set things up. I have about 20-40 folders (subjects) that i want to create (i looked into sub tasks but they are jut not going to work right for what i want to do and it makes it more difficult to use when i sync to my iphone).
I have all my folders created, but when i go to the folder view i only see a few across the top of the screen and i have to press the button at the end of the tabs to see the rest of them. I tried classic view - sort by folders, then collapse all my folders down ... too much work.
Im hoping there is an easy way to see my list of folders, Click on a folder, then see the contents.
Claudio

Well, currently there's no way of seeing 20-40 folders across the top of screen, unless you have a really wide monitor. ;)

You can, though, Sort any view by Folder and then Toggle Dividers. This gives a nice overview, and you can then click on each Folder heading to open or collapse the tasks.

Still not perfect because you'll have to Toggle Dividers each time you go into the View, but that's only one click, and at least the Sort is preserved.
KeithStone

I second Claudio's recommendation.

I use the "Main" view almost exclusively. 90% of the time I have it sorted by context. But I sort by folder when I do my weekly review of the folder contents.

It takes just two clicks to get what you want:
1.) Click on the "Folder" column header to sort by folder.
2.) Click "Toggle Dividers". All the folders will collapse, and you can open just the ones you want to look at.

That's a lot fewer clicks than anything I could figure out in the "Folder" view.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.