ForumsQuestionsSeach in Task & Notes at same time (same search)

Seach in Task & Notes at same time (same search)
Jane_1531101093

Posted: Dec 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Before the latest round of updates, I could go to the advanced search (go to searches, then to new search) and enter task contains (and put in a word) and it would search for that word in both the title and the notes.

Now this no longer works, the search above only finds words in the task (title), not the notes.

I did a support ticket, and the replies are horrible (explaining an advanced search would do what I wanted, after I told them I was doing an advanced search, and the second one suggesting that I do a notes search - I guess in addition to every task search I do all day long).

It seems support is going downhill.

Maybe we need to flood them with trouble tickets for this problem.

Note: I didn't realize I was not getting a search for tasks and notes (which means I likely missed some tasks I should have been working on as I run all my work via searches), until I was searching for something I knew was there and several task searches didn't show that task - I had to go clunky thru goal/folders/etc. to find it. That is when I realized that it was no longer working.

If anyone can show that advanced search is still looking in task & notes fields, I would appreciate how you got that to work (e.g. a fix went in or ...).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 17, 2015
I am sorry, but Toodledo has never had a way to search both the task's title and task's note at the same time with one command. If you want to search both, you need to make an advanced search with the following criteria:

Task contains "my search"
OR
Note contains "my search"

We plan to enhance "Simple Search" in the future to search more than just the title.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 17, 2015
There is an alternate way to do this, maybe a bit simpler that a Custom Search. Made sure you have all your tasks and notes exposed and do a Ctrl F (browser Find command). You may get some extraneous hits (other fields that match your criteria), but it will find your text in both title and notes.
n4simpson

Posted: Dec 18, 2015
Thanks Jake. Good to hear you have plans to improve Simple Search.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.