ForumsQuestionsUse a list to populate outlines

Use a list to populate outlines
Jordi_2

Posted: Dec 18, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I have a list of conferences. For each row, I need to think about different choices, like paper 1 or paper 2.

I wanted to make these subordinate to each conference, like you would in outline form. Can Toodledo link from the conference to an outline?

Visually adding many columns to the list is not helpful because it gets so wide. Plus, as I add conferences, it would be nice to automatically populate new outlines.

Also, if I edit the conference list, it would be useful to have that push to the outlines.

Ideas?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 18, 2015
We don't have a direct way to link a row in a Toodledo List to a Toodledo Outline, but you could create a single column of the "URL" type and then copy and paste the url from the outline into each row where appropriate. This would give you a one click way to get from the row to the outline.
Jordi_2

Posted: Dec 21, 2015
Ah. Thanks.
Jordi_2

How about notes? DO notes have a unique URL that I could use as a column in a list?

Also, can I link to a file on my hard drive somehow? For example, project 1 in a list has a word file associated with it. Can I one-click to the file?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, notes don't currently have a unique url. However, we plan to make this work soon.

It isn't currently possible to link a file on your hard drive with a List. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.