ForumsQuestionsSwitching between Tasks, Notes, Outlines... creates extra tabs

Switching between Tasks, Notes, Outlines... creates extra tabs
DSM_2

Posted: Jan 08, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I find that, on the website, switching between tabs of Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists and Habits will cause extra tabs to be created. It seems that switching between Tasks and Notes are okay, but switching to Outlines, Lists, or Habits will cause a new tab to be created. Switching back to Tasks or Notes will reuse the new tab, but switching again to Outlines, Lists, or Habits will create yet another new tab. I'm using Firefox v43.0.4 on Windows but I've been seeing this behavior for quite some time and thru many versions of Firefox.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 09, 2016
Toodledo does not create new tabs for the different sections. You may have a setting in your browser that is doing this. I think it is probably because tasks and notes share a subdomain (www.toodledo.com) whereas the other products have their own (habits.toodledo.com, outlines.toodledo.com, lists.toodledo.com). So your browser maybe be making the new tab because it thinks its a new site, but we dont control that/
DSM_2

Hmmm. I don't see a setting in Mozilla that would cause this (but I could be wrong). The closest I see is the setting to open new windows in new tabs instead (which I have on), but that suggests that, if I turned it off, the new Toodledo sections would be coming up in new windows rather than new tabs. In other words, the same problem with just a slightly different end result.

When you switch between the products, do you get new tabs/windows? Which browser are you using? What tab control settings are you using? What is the intention of the Toodledo interface -- switching back and forth between the products should reuse the tab/window?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When I use Toodledo in Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer on either Mac or Windows everything stays in one tab/window. Can you please try using a different web browser and report back what happens?
CharleneTX

Posted: Jan 10, 2016
Score: -1 Reference
Are you using and add-ons, such as TabMix? I use TabMix and it has a whole bunch of options for managing what opens in the same tab, a new tab, or a new window.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Jan 10, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
I have the same problem when using pinned tabs inf Firefox. Because the tab is pinned by domain then going to other places outside of tasks and notes will open a new tab (or window depending on the preference).
Salgud

Posted: Jan 11, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Obviously, the browser controls this in most instances. I have TD in a pinned tab in Chrome (latest version), and it does not open in new tabs unless I make it do it.
DSM_2

Posted: Jan 12, 2016
Hmm. Trying it under Chrome stays in the same tab, so it does seem to be a browser related problem. The issue with pinned tabs mentioned above sounds possible as that is what I am doing. I'll have to experiment with that...
DSM_2

Posted: Jan 12, 2016
Interesting. The issue seems to be pinned tabs in Firefox. That's ashame as I like having Toodledo always there...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.