ForumsQuestionsAll gone!

All gone!
donald

Posted: Jun 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
All of my tasks have disappeared!?
Sometime in the last 3 days, all 82 of my tasks have vanished from my account.
I have a pro-plus account, and I am using the iPhone app. The only thing that has changed recently is that I have upgraded to iPhone 3.0 firmware.
Is it possible for you to restore my data to where it was on Monday?
I don't understand what I could have done to have caused this -- I suspect that I may have hit a glitch!
-Donald
Anders

Toodledo has posted in the News Forum that Toodledo is not compatible with 3.0. They submitted an update that is compatible a while ago, but Apple seems to be very backed up right now. I don't know if that is what happened to you.

Are all your tasks gone from both the website, and the app?

If, so do you, by any chance, have them anywhere else by sync or export?
donald

Hi

Yes, all of my tasks disappeared both on the website and on the app, and no I didn't back it up. :(

Perhaps there should be a warning message at the website when we log in to the application? The upgrade to 3.0 is automatic.

-Donald
Anders

I think Toodledo really expected Apple to approve the update in time. Also, they mentioned glitches like not being able to add a task, but I don't know that they were aware that your unfortunate result was a possibility. By the way, you can see (but not recover) your recent deletions at the bottom of the Account Settings page. You could at least copy and paste the names of your tasks back into the bulk add window.

~Anders
donald

Posted: Jun 19, 2009
Thanks!
Yep, they're all there under recent deletions...
-Donald
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 19, 2009
Hi Donald,

If you look at the "recently deleted" list in your account settings, you'll see that all of your tasks were deleted by the third-party Outlook Sync tool. I didn't have to look at your account, I just know that the Outlook Sync tool does this all the time. This is why we have a big red warning on the Outlook Sync page to use it at your own risk.

See here: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_outlook.php

I am sorry that this has happened, but using buggy third-party software is a risky business. If you contact the developer of the Outlook Sync tool, he might be able to help you recover tasks from within Outlook.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.