ForumsQuestionsDuplicate tasks on Reminders Syncing

Duplicate tasks on Reminders Syncing
clason

Posted: Jan 13, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I recently turned on Reminders Syncing on my Toodledo iOS app on my iPhone 6. I did it with the "Delete After Import" flag turned on.

Now, when I create a Reminder in iOS (via telling Siri "remind me to...") the task shows up fine in Toodledo, but often ends up appearing duplicated multiple times in toodledo. This seems to vary by task. Some tasks coming from reminders appear only a single time, others appear with 5 or more duplicates. Any idea what's going on?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 13, 2016
I was not able to reproduce this bug, but I've heard a few other people have the same problem. We will investigate this feature and see if we can figure it out.
T Mac

Posted: Jan 14, 2016
I just experienced the problem. I entered information in iOS and it created 8 to 10 ocurences of the task.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 14, 2016
It seems that the Reminders app can cause duplicates to happen. We will look into this.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2016.
clason

Posted: Feb 01, 2016
Any update on this? Any suggestions for work-arounds or for how to troubleshoot?

This has the potential to be a really cool feature of toodledo, but as long as this duplicate problem exists, it ends up being more work than it's supposed to save.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2016
We do not have a solution yet. Sorry.
junk_1356549382

Posted: Mar 08, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
I now have 700 entries, some over 8 times... started recently.
colin.watson

Posted: Mar 17, 2016
I am having the same problem. I guess not solved as yet!
dthompson_3

Posted: Mar 20, 2016
I am having the exact same problem. Really want this to work. Could be very helpful.
julie.jones

Posted: Apr 22, 2016
I sure would like a solution. I can't use sync with reminders because of all the duplicates.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 13, 2016
If you sync with iOS Reminders, there are some people who have reported duplicates. This isn't the normal behavior and we are still trying to figure out why this is happening to some people.
flowben_2

Posted: Aug 15, 2016
I am having this problem too. Over 800 extra tasks added to my 150 "real" ones. I thought it was because I was just getting things set up, so I deleted them all. Now it has happened again! I will turn off reminder syncing and see what happens.
Taedra

Posted: Aug 30, 2016
Time to figure this out, Toodledo! Please move this up the list of priorities. I'm stressed out enough with all the things I have to do -- but seeing them listed 8 times each is going to throw me over the edge! :)
genelcrow

Posted: Feb 09, 2017
Same thing happening here. Keeps me from using the feature, and most of the time keeps me just using iOS Reminders and not Toodledo. Would love to see this fixed.

This message was edited Feb 09, 2017.
james

Posted: Mar 29, 2017
I have this exact same problem too. It works fine for weeks, and then without warning all my old, completed tasked appear back in Toodledo often with several duplicates. This is very annoying. I really want to like this app. Please help!!

I agree:
Time to figure this out, Toodledo! Please move this up the list of priorities. I'm stressed out enough with all the things I have to do -- but seeing them listed 8 times each is going to throw me over the edge! :)

Same thing happening here. Keeps me from using the feature, and most of the time keeps me just using iOS Reminders and not Toodledo. Would love to see this fixed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 29, 2017
If you are having this problem I recommend disabling iOS Reminders syncing or to enable the "delete after import" option if you can. For some reason, there are cases where iOS Reminders suddenly changes all the IDs for the tasks, causing Toodledo to import them all over again. We are still trying to figure out why.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.