ForumsQuestionsTasks repeat even though set for 1 week - Ipod Touch

Tasks repeat even though set for 1 week - Ipod Touch
Gordon

Posted: Jun 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just started using repeating tasks, about 2 weeks ago. I started to notice that I was knocking off tasks, and then they surfaced again suspiciously soon.

So, I checked a bunch of them. When I go into the Repeating Tasks box to change them, they list in the pane as one week, one month etc.

But in the roller selector underneath, they all say 1 day. And I checked, and they all repeat, every day no matter how many times I set them properly.

I sync regularly, this is the Toodledo App from the Apple store running on a 2nd Gen Ipod touch. I do almost all of my adding of tasks etc on the handheld, not on the computer.

Help?

Gordon
Anders

Did you update your iPod to OS 3.0? Toodledo has posted that their app is not completely compatible yet, and they have submitted an update a while ago, but it is still going through Apple review. I can't see this on my 1st gen iPod with OS 2.21.

~Anders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Are you using our iPhone app, or a third-party one (like PocketInformant)? Are you syncing with something else that might be getting in the way, like Outlook?

Maybe you could take a screenshot of the problem (by holding the home button and pressing the lock button at the same time) and attach it to a support ticket so we can see what you are seeing.

Thanks
Gordon

Posted: Jun 20, 2009
I am using the Toodledo app for Iphone.

I have not upgraded to Iphone 3.0 yet. I think the version I have is 2.21.

I do not sync with Outlook. I sync directly over wifi with the Toodledo website.

I don't think that the Chromatic Dragon app I use to sync Outlook is to blame because I manually sync Outlook every two-three weeks or so just as a backup - this problem is more recent.

For instance, changed this all two days ago, and all the tasks switched back to "repeat every day" as of yesterday.

I'd love to send you a screenshot, but I don't use the email client on the Iphone. I suppose I could use my digital camera and send you that, but that will take a few days to get done.

Beats me.

Katou

This message was edited Jun 20, 2009.
Gordon

Posted: Jun 20, 2009
Ah, mini-update.

The repeat field says: every 2 months

The spinning selector wheel says: 2 days

So it's keeping the right numeral, but defaulting to Days instead of keeping the day/month/week interval correct.

I checked 3 of the repeating tasks, all the same problem.

I will check Outlook to see if it's at the bottom of this problem too.

Katou
Gordon

Posted: Jun 21, 2009
Outlook has everything correct. So, that's not the problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 21, 2009
Does this website have the repeat value correct?
Gordon

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Tasks on the website show the repeat correctly.

?

Katou
Anders

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Does the task regenerate properly on both the site and in the app when you check it off on the site? Can you create a new task with the same discrepency? If so, do you create it on the website, the app, or Outlook? I will try to reproduce it, but have no wifi right now for my iPod.
Gordon

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Okay, can you break that down for me? Do you want me to delete the tasks (saved elsewhere) and then re-add them via the website?

I don't know how I did the repeats in the past. Some were by Outlook, some by Ipod, some by the website.

I doubt you will be able to reproduce this error, it's pretty oddball. And it's still happening, checked today.

Katou
Anders

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
If the repeats are correct on the website, then I would guess that your best option would be to erase them elsewhere and force a sync from the website. Another thing you might want to try is simply erasing the tasks everywhere, and recreating them fresh.
Gordon

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Very well, it shall be done. I will report in a couple of days.

Katou
Gordon

Wait a minute, if I just delete the stuff on my PDA, then do my normal sync, it will erase all the repeating tasks on the website too.

How do I force a sync?

And if I do that, any new tasks I've made on my PDA since my last sync will get wiped too won't they?
Anders

Sync your data normally first to get new tasks onto the website. Then delete the incorrect tasks, and do a force sync by going to Settings->Synchronization->Modify Account Login. Then choose Force Toodledo.com->iPhone Sync.
Gordon

I have checked every account setting and there is no option for synchronization. Just to make sure, I checked every single option in the left-hand pane, and nothing links to:

Settings->Synchronization->Modify Account Login

Is this an option for pro subscribers maybe?
Anders

Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Those settings are in the iPhone app, not on the website. Sorry, I should have been more clear.
Gordon

Posted: Jul 12, 2009
I have done the force sync from Toodledo to the PDA. Now I can't find any of the repeating tasks. What happened?

I deleted the repeating tasks on the device, then forced the sync from the website. ???
Anders

Posted: Jul 12, 2009
Are the missing tasks on the site? Is it possible any filters in the iPhone app are hiding them from view?
Gordon

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
I am searching on the site. I used the search function. Can't find them!
Anders

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Check your deleted tasks at the bottom of Account Settings. They should not have been deleted if you did a force sync from the website, but if they are nowhere else; you should check there.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.