ForumsQuestionsShortcut to change all tasks into Folders

Shortcut to change all tasks into Folders
Gordon

Posted: Jun 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am starting to use Pocket Informant on my mobile PDA and their mapping requires me to have all my projects as folders.

In order to use their system, I have to change all of my projects (currently tasks in Projects folder) to individual folders.

Is the easiest way to cut and paste the tasks one by one into the Add Folder box?

Or would it be easier to do it in Outlook and then re-import?
Anders

Posted: Jun 20, 2009
I would probably export CSV and edit it on Excel. It's pretty easy to figure out if you have any experience with spreadsheets.
Gordon

Posted: Jun 21, 2009
It worries me taking everything out of the system like that. I worry that I might screw it up while it's out of Toodledo, or screw up the re-import.

However, I do understand what you're suggesting. Fill down is a wonderful tool. I have never opened CSV with Excel though. I gather that Excel will interpret the commas and put the values each in a separate cell?

How can I back this up so that I'm not working with my only copy?

Thanks,

Katou
Tyler

Posted: Jun 21, 2009
Posted by katoutwo:

However, I do understand what you're suggesting. Fill down is a wonderful tool. I have never opened CSV with Excel though. I gather that Excel will interpret the commas and put the values each in a separate cell?

If you haven't changed the default system settings for Excel's handling of CSV files (you would know if you did because it's a pain), it will interpret commas as the field delimiter.

How can I back this up so that I'm not working with my only copy?

Just make an extra copy of the CSV file on your desktop before you start messing around with it, and call it "ToodleDo Backup Copy" or whatever. It's just a CSV file...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.