ForumsQuestionsWindows 10 is not going away afterall.

Windows 10 is not going away afterall.
joelhfx

Posted: Jan 25, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I've recently purchased a windows 8 tablet that I then upgraded to windows 10. It works rather well after a number of updates and I foresee personal computing to become a mixture of tablet/PC in the future and will challenge android and apple in ways unseen in the past. Only problem I see is that I may be forced to leave toodledo due to lack of apps that work with windows 10 apps. I use taskangel but it is not very good on a tablet.

Windows apps offer the same service as toodledo for 10$/year and I am forced to consider using it rather than toodledo.

I know this topic was covered in the past but I don't think ignore windows 10 is a good idea anymore.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2016
We do not have any immediate plans to make a Windows app that syncs with Toodledo. I recommend using Toodledo in the web browser which will give you the best experience. In the future, this website will work offline in the web browser, so it will behave like an app. We are working towards this goal.
Highsteppin

Posted: Jan 26, 2016
In the past I pushed for a Windows App as I use Windows and Windows Phone. With the lack of a Windows option, I purchased an Android tablet for offline use. Quite frankly I have been disappointed with the app experience and not longer use it.

Toodledo should stop trying to write apps for every popular platform. It makes more sense to concentrate resources on making the web browser option even better and make it more widely available (offline etc.). Trying to make apps for each platform has the effect of sucking resources away from the web browser development and limiting its growth.
boydston01

Posted by Ron Kuntz:
In the past I pushed for a Windows App as I use Windows and Windows Phone. With the lack of a Windows option, I purchased an Android tablet for offline use. Quite frankly I have been disappointed with the app experience and not longer use it.

Toodledo should stop trying to write apps for every popular platform. It makes more sense to concentrate resources on making the web browser option even better and make it more widely available (offline etc.). Trying to make apps for each platform has the effect of sucking resources away from the web browser development and limiting its growth.

Yes, but there other takes on local apps versus browser apps. In my opinion, one of the main negatives for toodledo is that it is a browser app which, inherently, has lots of limitations. But, as you said, supporting multiple platforms takes a lot of resources. It's a very tricky balance...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, supporting multiple platforms "natively" makes development slow because you have to implement each feature multiple times. Having a "hybrid" app can ease this pain, but comes with it's own set of challenges, mostly centered around performance. We have tried both paths, and are still thinking about which way is best for Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.