ForumsQuestionsUsing "Every first thursday" turns into "Monthly"

Using "Every first thursday" turns into "Monthly"
Tomes

Posted: Jan 28, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I just tried using a task repeat with "Every first Thursday of each month" under Due Date, exactly as mentioned numerous places in this forum and also in the help (e.g. https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#2)

However, as soon as I click "enter", it changes the text to read "Monthly". If I go back in and click on the Due Date, and click Advanced, it still says "Monthly". Testing it shows no difference from Monthly, so if I click that it's complete, indeed the next time it shows up is one month later, not the first Thursday of the next month.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this functionality no longer supported? Any thoughts or solutions?

This message was edited Jan 28, 2016.
Adrien Beau

First select "Advanced options..." in the Repeat field, then type "The 1st Thursday of each month" in the Repeat field. Works fine for me.
Tomes

Posted by Adrien Beau:
First select "Advanced options..." in the Repeat field,

FYI, that's exactly what I've done. But for some reason it automatically changes all my written text to "Monthly".

I mean, I've used this functionality before, but for some reason when I looked at this today it wasn't working... just kept changing my advanced text string to "Monthly".

This message was edited Jan 28, 2016.
Brian_14

Score: 1 Reference
Try "first Thursday of every month".
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The reason this happens is because Toodledo has to interpret what you type, and it can't understand every sentence construction. It needs very precise text typed in. One of the magic words that Toodledo looks for is "Every" and when it sees this it starts to look for repeat patterns that look like this "Every [number] [time interval]" So "Every 3 months", "Every 5 days", etc.

So for what you typed in "Every first Thursday of each month", all it sees is "Every ...... month" which it turns into "monthly".

For what you are trying to do, omit the word "every" and instead type "On the first Thursday of each month"
Tomes

Sweet, that was exactly what I was looking for, and works!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.