ForumsQuestionsTasks playlists

Tasks playlists
Luigi_B

Posted: Jan 29, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I would like to be able to create some playlists of tasks that I can switch on and off when needed, depending on the time of the year, the place and the situation.

So, for example, I would like to set one or more playlists of weekly tasks (like a routine) when I go on vacation – like a playlist for eating (breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc), a playlist for exercising, etc – , and disable them once the vacation finishes. The same for work or study. In this way I have a routine (or more routines combined) to follow when I am in a certain place or in a certain period of the year.
This is because my needs and schedules often change when I am in different places.

Ideally, you could enable these playlists in advance for specific time periods in the future, so to be able to set in detail every moment of your life.

These playlists ideally could be set for a single day or more days.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2016.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 29, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
You can prepare these "playlists / templates / checklist" in advance and use them when you want.
How :
1. Make a new Folder called "Playlists".
2. Type in Parent tasks as descriptives for each list, and put them in the folder.
3. Add any number of subtasks.
4. Important : Give the Parent and subtasks the Priority of Negative (or Low) so that they never appear in your normal tasks until you want them to.
5. To find them at any time you can access your "Playlists" Folder.
6. To feature some of these tasks in your Hotlist you can temporarily Star them so that they emerge to the top of your list, and Unstar them so that they submerge to the bottom of your tasks.
Important point is not to check them off as Done, but rather to Unstar them, so that the same list is available for Repeated use.
If you assign some of them due dates they will still appear on demand.
I assign a tag "Checklists" to all such tasks so that I know to unstar rather than checkoff.
Luigi_B

Posted: Jan 30, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
That is a very good idea, I will try it out! Thank you very much!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.