ForumsQuestionsCan't set or change task dates

Can't set or change task dates
Brian_14

Posted: Feb 08, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
As of this morning, I can't use the month and year drop-downs to change the date of an existing task or set the date for a new task using the month and year drop-downs.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 08, 2016
What happens when you try? Any error messages or strange behavior?

Which web browser are you using? Does reloading the page fix it?
Brian_14

Posted: Feb 09, 2016
Same behavior in latest version of Firefox and Chrome. No error msg displays. Reloading doesn't fix it. Just started occurring this morning and continues now 12 hrs later.

To change the date of an existing task or set a date for a new task, I can do it alright by clicking on the precise date in the current month displayed. To change to or set a new-task date in next month, I have to click the last date displayed on the small calendar, which makes the next month appear, then click on my desired date. For a date in a month further out, I have to do as I described, moving a month at a time. The new behavior is that I can no longer select future months by clicking the down arrow or select future years by clicking the side-to-side arrows. Nothing whatsoever happens when I try either of those; that is, no date selects. Interestingly, I can successfully select from the 7 Quick Dates, from the 1 week, 1 month, 1 year choices, and No Date.

Thank you, Jake, for your assistance!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When you click the month down menu above the calendar, can you please tell us exactly what happens? Does no menu appear, or an empty menu appears, or a menu appears but when you select something nothing happens? Or something else?
Brian_14

After trying different orders in which to click the arrows and dates, I can now set dates properly. I guess I had suddenly forgotten. I assume nothing changed at your end. Must be El Nino ;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2016
We have not changed anything with the due-date popup for awhile. We would still like to know what happens for you, since we cannot reproduce any anomalies with the date picker on our end.
Brian_14

Posted: Feb 12, 2016
After reviewing my clicking procedure, I see what was happening. To me, it's logical when setting a date to click month first, day second, year third. Certainly, some people write/type/say the date as day, month, year. In either case, tho, never is the year first or second. It appears that to set a task date in TD, one must click month, then year, then day. At least, that's how I have to do it and I can't make any other clicking order work. If I'm correct and you agree, perhaps you'll want to tweak something at your end.

Pls let me know your thoughts, Jake. Thx!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 16, 2016
I think I understand now. The drop down menus above the calendar are there to allow you to switch the calendar so it shows the desired month and year. Once you are viewing the proper month, you then click the day to set the new due-date.
Brian_14

Posted: Feb 17, 2016
Got it. Thx.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.