ForumsQuestionsAlarm Didn't Sound on Nexus

Alarm Didn't Sound on Nexus
FoggyBeach

Posted: Feb 22, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I've been a happy user of Toodle-do for months now.

Today I had an alarm that should have sounded at 4 PM. A notification appeared on my PC, but no alarm occurred on the Nexus 7, which was turned off and ten feet away from me. I had set that task/alarm yesterday.

I created a test alarm, and that worked fine.

Any ideas for where to look to figure out what went wrong?

Thanks,

Al
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 22, 2016
You mentioned that the phone was turned off. I think maybe you were expecting the missed notification to fire once you turned the phone back on. Unfortunately, this isn't how it currently works. The phone must be on at the time of the notification for it to occur.
FoggyBeach

Posted: Feb 26, 2016
Posted by Jake:
You mentioned that the phone was turned off. I think maybe you were expecting the missed notification to fire once you turned the phone back on. Unfortunately, this isn't how it currently works. The phone must be on at the time of the notification for it to occur.

Thanks, Jake.

Every morning at 7:59 my phone (Nexus 7, actually) sounds the Toodle-Do alarm for some task even when it is off. That is, it works fine. It does exactly what I want: Sounds the alarm at the specified time, whether the phone is on or off.

Same with test tasks.

But for some reason, that one alarm did not sound.

Al
FoggyBeach

Posted: Feb 29, 2016
>Unfortunately, this isn't how it currently works. The phone must be on at the time of the notification for it to occur.

I'd like to understand this. I set a task with an alarm that will go off in a minute. Then I turn off my Nexus 7.

In a minute, the Nexus sounds the alarm. It clearly did not need to be on at the time of the notification.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Al
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 29, 2016
I think you aren't actually turning off your Nexus, because if it was turned off, it would not sounds the alarm.

I think you are actually putting your phone to sleep or in standby mode, when alarms continue to work.
FoggyBeach

Posted: Mar 04, 2016
Posted by Jake:
I think you aren't actually turning off your Nexus, because if it was turned off, it would not sounds the alarm.

I think you are actually putting your phone to sleep or in standby mode, when alarms continue to work.

Thanks, Jake.

I would have thought that's true, but for the test I described, I pushed the button on the Nexus 7 to turn it off. It is never more off than that.

I just experimented three more times, and it hasn't failed (set a task a few minutes in the future, push button turn it off, wait).

On the other hand, a few minutes ago, my Nexus was sitting here next to me and failed to sound an alarm when a repeating task fired off (displaying an alert on my computer).

My conclusion at this point is that some alarms will fire when the Nexus is off, and others will not. Does it fail only for repeating tasks? Is it related to my custom alarm tone?

Thanks,

Al
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 04, 2016
We will have to investigate this one. I'll add it to our bug list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.