ForumsQuestionsStrange behavior of iCal export...

Strange behavior of iCal export...
gbmapo

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Everybody!

When I use iCal export (Apple's iCal link), I get strange results in my calendar: no task is displayed in the tasks list on the right and some of the task (not all!) are displayed as all day events from creation date to due date.
Not very user-friendly :-(

when I try the other option (To-dos only), nothing happens!

Just in case, I tried Google Calendar option on my Google account and hen: same result than 'Apple's iCal link' in my iCal.

any idea?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When you import the iCal file into Apple iCal, do you have the "remove to-dos" checkbox checked? Because this is Apple's default value and it will cause all to-dos to be deleted.

If a task has a due-date it will show up on the calendar. If you give it a start-date, time or length, it will be placed at the proper time instead of being an all-day event.
gbmapo

Posted by Toodledo:
When you import the iCal file into Apple iCal, do you have the "remove to-dos" checkbox checked? Because this is Apple's default value and it will cause all to-dos to be deleted.

Yes!

If a task has a due-date it will show up on the calendar. If you give it a start-date, time or length, it will be placed at the proper time instead of being an all-day event.

I don't even know how to give a start date, time or length!
It is why I assumed that the event in iCal was from the date the task was created to the due date.

I just tried again in Google Calendar and I have the same behavior. Nobody reported something like that?
Anders

I use the Google iCal subscription. Tasks with a due date, but no due time show up as all day events. Sometimes I have the problem that Google wants to show all past and future occurrences of a repeating task/event. Are you sure that is not what you are seeing? The only way I can get an event to span multiple days is to use a start date and due date.

~Anders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To set the start date, length or time, you need to enable these fields in your account settings.
gbmapo

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Once enabled the field, there was indeed values for start dates on the 'strange' tasks.
No idea how a start date has been setup for these tasks...

Thanks for your help
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Do you happen to remember how you added these tasks to your account? Maybe using a third-party application?
gbmapo

Posted: Jun 25, 2009
I get it!
I use the application to sync with MS Outlook.
When I create a task in Outlook, by default, it has a start date!!!
Regards
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 25, 2009
I see. This sounds like a bug with the Outlook sync tool. You'll need to contact the developer for support, since it is a third-party application.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
gbmapo

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Hi!

I think it's not a bug:
When you create a task in Outlook:
without Due Date -> no Start Date.
with Due Date -> default Start Date = Due Date.
and once synced, same info in Toodledo, which is what I expect
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.