ForumsQuestionsOverdue Optionally On Repeating Tasks

Overdue Optionally On Repeating Tasks
kristinanders

Posted: Feb 27, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
For most of my daily repeating tasks, I have them set to "optionally on" so they simply disappear if I haven't completed them by the next day (in which case a new instance of that task will appear.)

However, I have a few repeating tasks that are only due every few days. If I set them to optionally on, then they disappear by the next day. But since they don't repeat daily, I might still have a few days before the next one repeats; and hence, time to complete them. Ideally, I'd like these to show up as overdue only until the next task appears.

If I set them as just straight "due by", then I run into the problem of having to occasionally check off tasks as completed when they really weren't. For instance, if I have it set to exercise 3x/week, then if I skip a day, I can't really do double workouts once the next one comes around.

So... is there a way around this? I guess even more ideally would be a way to delete instances of repeating tasks, but since that doesn't exist yet as far as I know, any other solutions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 29, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
There isn't currently a way to make an optional repeating task that gives you a grace period after the due-date during which you can still complete that repeating task before it automatically moves forwards.

The only way to get close to what you are suggesting is to use start-date as well as due-date. When a task starts, you can do it that day, or for a few extra days and then once the optional due-date passes, it will get repeated at that point.

Or you can make it not-optional and then edit the due-date for the times when you skip an occurrence.

This message was edited Feb 29, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.