ForumsQuestionsHide Future Tasks on iOS?

Hide Future Tasks on iOS?
snivelyjay

Posted: Mar 08, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I want to hide future tasks on iOS. I found the following solution on another thread:

"On top of the tasks, top left corner, you can find the filter exactly like the web app:
The name is "SHOW" and when touched you have a menu to hide completed tasks, future tasks and defered status tasks."

I was able to follow those directions, but future tasks are still showing. When I go back to "Show" to check my changes, "HIDE" is highlighted under Future Tasks.

(iPhone 4S with iOS 7)

Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Jay Snively
Sabina A.

Hi Jay,

Here is some more information about how to hide future tasks:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#77

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
snivelyjay

Yes, I'm aware of that help page. I used it a couple of days ago to successfully hide future tasks on my desktop machine.

Then today I purchased the Toodledo app for my iPhone. I followed the instructions I included in the OP but future tasks are still displayed.

Since I had successfully hid future tasks on my desktop machine, then configured my iPhone to hide future tasks, and then synced, shouldn't future tasks be hidden on the iPhone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
How far into the future are the tasks that are not hiding? Does it have a start-date in the future, a due-date in the future or both?
boydston01

Posted: Mar 09, 2016
Not sure if this will help you but I use a saved search (in fact, I only use saved searches) with this criteria:
start date - is before - tomorrow
OR due date - is before - tomorrow
snivelyjay

Posted: Mar 11, 2016
Posted by Jake:
How far into the future are the tasks that are not hiding? Does it have a start-date in the future, a due-date in the future or both?

I will be glad to answer that but so I don't get confused, could you please answer the question I asked in my most recent post:

¿Since I had successfully hid future tasks on my desktop machine, then configured my iPhone to hide future tasks, and then synced, shouldn't future tasks be hidden on the iPhone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 11, 2016
Yes, future tasks should be hidden on the iPhone.
snivelyjay

Posted: Mar 16, 2016
Posted by Jake:
How far into the future are the tasks that are not hiding?

They range from one day to six weeks or more.

Does it have a start-date in the future, a due-date in the future or both?

All tasks in question have a start date in the future - tasks having start dates in the future is the reason for my question. Some of those have a due date in the future and some do not have any due date.

Off topic: ¿Does this forum have a way to send me email notifications of responses to threads I post in?

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 16, 2016
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is? There is not currently a way to get email notifications of responses, but you can watch the topic using the link at the bottom so that you can quickly find this thread again later.

Thanks

This message was edited Mar 16, 2016.
snivelyjay

Posted: Mar 17, 2016
Ticket just now created. Thank you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.