ForumsQuestionsLost Note update yesterday

Lost Note update yesterday
Long Vu

Posted: Mar 15, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Last night I was updating some of my notes via Firefox on a another computer.

This morning I am back to my regular computer with Firefox already logged in and want to continue working on the same note.

After a few edits to the same note, I realized all my updates to this same note yesterday are all gone !!!

Did I do something wrong?

Is there a bug with the web interface when simultaneously editing on multiple browser/machine the same note?

Can someone help me recover my updates yesterday (to another note otherwise there will be conflict)?

How to prevent this from happening again? (is there versioning on notes?)

Thanks.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you edit the same note on two different web browsers, only the most recent edit will be saved. For example if the Note was "AA" and you have it open in two different browsers you will see "AA" in both places. If you edited it to "AB" in one browser and then edited it to "BA" in the other browser, the note will be saved as "BA". If you were expecting "AB" or "BB" this is not how it currently works. To prevent this from happening, please remember to reload the page whenever you switch browsers so that it has the most recent data. In the future we will present a warning when you are trying to edit a note that has been changed somewhere else, but we don't have this functionality yet. Unfortunately, we do not store previous versions of a note, only the most recent, so we don't have a way to restore the lost edits. Sorry.
Long Vu

Posted by Jake:
In the future we will present a warning when you are trying to edit a note that has been changed somewhere else, but we don't have this functionality yet.

Oh please add it. This feature would have saved me !
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.