ForumsQuestionsColumn widths and going back & forth between laptop and desktop

Column widths and going back & forth between laptop and desktop
Lane_3

Posted: Mar 24, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
When I resize the columns in TD on my laptop my desktop inherits the change and vice versa. Most inheriting is nice, but this particular inheriting is a bit of a problem, as one ends up in a tug-of-war in which each time one switches back and forth one has to either change the settings, or leave with a right-left scroll bar, or live with only a small part of the task name showing (which case holds depends on whether one has just moved from laptop to desktop or vice versa).

Is there any way to have the column width settings persist locally, or to otherwise get around this issue?

P.S. I see that in a January 25, 2011 forum posting by Gammon titled "Relative column widths" basically this question was asked (more clearly and more elegantly), and at that time the answer was that it was on the to-do list but without a time frame, and someone else posted two things to help in the meanwhile. But since it now is a half-decade later, I'm simply asking to see if in the meanwhile better workarounds have been developed, or the feature now exists (but I don't know how to find/use it). Using TD on both a laptop and a desktop must be common, and so my guess is there by now are good ways to avoid having to keep changing things, i.e., to be able to use the width of the desktop screen to see lots of each task's title while on the laptop not ending up with columns going way off the screen and requiring left-right scrolling.

Thank you!

This message was edited Mar 24, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 25, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Right now there is not a solution, but I see the need for a solution. Its on our todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.