ForumsQuestionsSubtasks nested and toggled?

Subtasks nested and toggled?
jquark

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello all...

Searched a bit for this to no avail. Is there a way for my default settings (when in folder view for example) to be for nest AND shown subtasks; i.e., I would like to see the parent tasks and the subtasks indented and underneath them as a default with nothing to click. Thanks in advance for any help.
lised

I very much would like to see this option too. It's annoying to have to always click to see the subtasks. I hope Toodledo offers the option to keep the nested subtasks visible.
Anders

This is not possible yet, but it is a very popular request. The fact that you were unable to find anything only points to the need for better forum search capability, not any lack of discussion on this topic which you can find in a number of threads. Here is one: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1692/0/subtask-default-view.html
jquark

Thanks Anders! Congrats on your new position as well. I searched for "subtasks nested toggle" and other variants and got zero hits. I don't know what the search algorithm is- perhaps it just looks at the titles?
Anders

I'm not sure about this, but I believe the search only retrieves exact matches, like in google when you use "" around terms. So I guess the idea is keep your search simple. I know it searches posts, but I don't know whether it searches titles or not.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Yeah, our search currently looks for exact matches, it doesn't do the magic Google thing. We want to support that in the future.

But for now, you could use Google to search our forums if you want advanced search. Just add "site:http://www.toodledo.com/forums" to the end of any search in Google to restrict the results to our site.
lite1

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:

But for now, you could use Google to search our forums if you want advanced search. Just add "site:http://www.toodledo.com/forums" to the end of any search in Google to restrict the results to our site.

I do that all the time for TD forums, however as I am sure you know it is a poor work-around for a good search within the forum area designed by TD. E.G. would be helpful to search in just two of the sub-forums etc.

Personally I'd rate a good forum search as a moderately high priority for TD. It would cut down on some of the repetitive ?s on the forum as users (and perhaps especially new ones) could fish for themselves and find the answers rather it taking Anders time or TD time. I think that the payback in saved TD time might be significant and would be a major improvement to the forums. As the forums grow in usage managing the information that is here will become an increasing challenge and opportunity.
Edward
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.