ForumsQuestionsAndroid - link List or Outline to task as attachment?

Android - link List or Outline to task as attachment?
martingchapman

Posted: Mar 25, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
In the Android app, is it possible to link a List or an Outline to a task as an attachment, in the way you can do it on the web.

I don't want to upgrade to a Gold subscription only to find the attach a List/Outline feature is not available on Android.

Regards.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The attachment feature is not currently available inside the apps, however you can use our website from the Android device to access the attachments.
martingchapman

Jake,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I like the idea of linking a List/Outline to a task with the paper clip icon (as on the web) and this is the functionality I am looking for in the Android app (given that both Lists and Outlines are now available in the app).

I am not really interested in accessing attached files so your suggestion is not a very practical one for my scenario, although it would of course work for Lists and Outlines as well as files.

An easier current solution for my scenario is to just open the List or Outline from within the app, but this means selecting the List or Outline section in the app and then finding the required item.

It would be so much better to have the paper clip icon available on the task in the app to directly open the linked item within the app.

Are you intending to bring this functionality to the app in a future development?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 28, 2016
Yes, we definitely plan to bring attachments to the apps in the future.
martingchapman

Posted: Mar 28, 2016
Thanks Jake,
Will hold off on the Gold Subscription till attachments are available in Android as this is the only extra feature I need.
Don Goncalves

Posted: May 30, 2016
Hello Jake.
Looking forward to attachments on the Android app and have upgraded to Gold in anticipation. T
hanks for a great app on the Web and Android.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.