ForumsQuestionsReminders in SMS set via email?

Reminders in SMS set via email?
john

Posted: Jun 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I had written a script that sends an email to Toodledo that would create a todo. Prior to recently, if I had put in a due time, that would cause a reminder to be sent to my phone via SMS message. Recently, I noticed this had stopped.

When I dug into it further, I discovered that there is now a "Remind me" checkbox in the due date and time popup. I cannot set this checkbox via my email to Toodledo as specified by the syntax that we are given here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

Is there a syntax to set this notification to "on"? If not, there really needs to be one.

J.
Anders

There is not a way to set reminders with the email syntax right now, but individual reminders are a very recent addition, and hopefully Toodledo will update the email syntax to support them before long.
john

They were supported until about last week or so.
Anders

Toodledo just introduced a new reminder system. The old system made it so that any task would automatically haves reminder if you enabled them in your account settings. With the new system reminders can be set for individual tasks without having to have them for every task. However, since there is no way to specify a reminder with the email syntax, this means you cannot add a task with a reminder via email at this point.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
In a future update we will update the email syntax to allow reminders to be set.
john

Posted: Jul 05, 2009
How is this "future update" doing? Any word on when this will be available?

J.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Sorry, but we don't have any update. We don't comment on release dates.
john

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
I'm hoping you get this fixed shortly. The idea that you would publish a nomenclature on how to set a todo via email and then break that nomenclature (i.e. don't allow reminders to be set via email) is not a great idea.

When will this be fixed? Any update? This can't be a big deal to fix.

j.
Anders

It's not that Toodledo broke anything. It's just that under the old system, every task would get a reninder regardless of where it was created. The new system with individual reminders makes them more convenient for many users, but I am sure Toodledo realizes that many people want to be able to add reminders from other connections like the email syntax.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are working on it. Thanks!
john

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Posted by Anders:
It's not that Toodledo broke anything. It's just that under the old system, every task would get a reninder regardless of where it was created. The new system with individual reminders makes them more convenient for many users, but I am sure Toodledo realizes that many people want to be able to add reminders from other connections like the email syntax.

if it worked before and then it doesn't now, that fits my definition of "broken".

J.
john

Posted: Aug 06, 2009
How are we doing on this one?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 07, 2009
Still working on it.
sebastian

Posted: Oct 09, 2009
bump. any news ? I'd like to set up reminders via syntax.
john

Posted: Mar 23, 2010
How are you guys doing on being able to set reminders via the email syntax?

Update?

J.
eykanal

Posted: Mar 23, 2010
If you want to see how they're progressing with updates, check the news forum. They post all updates there. There isn't anything beyond that. As was stated here and in many other threads, they will not comment on release dates of specific features. Asking the question and waiting for their answer is actually counterproductive; they have to spend time answering your question instead of working on the code to fix it. Be patient; they'll let you know when it's fixed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 25, 2010
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.