ForumsQuestionsSubtasks: Entering Multiple Subtasks With a List

Subtasks: Entering Multiple Subtasks With a List
Andy McHugh

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

Is there any way to add a list of items by copy-and-paste to be subtasks of one particular overarching task? For example, I have to manually run upgrades on about 50 workstations and the task is "Upgrade Computers" and the subtasks are my User's Names. I'd like to be able to just blow in the list of usernames when it comes time to add the subtasks but I can't for the life of me find out how to accomplish it. If it isn't something Toodledo does, could it be a feature request?

Thanks!
Anders

There's no way to add multiple subtasks directly, but you could use the regulsr Add Multiple Tasks screen: https://www.toodledo.com/bulk.php
Then you would have to drag them all under the parent task, so you would probably want to give a unique tag or something to the parent, and new tasks, to isolate them on one screen. Obviously it could be easier, so it' a good request.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We plan to make an add multiple subtasks feature in a future update.
Andy McHugh

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
Thank you for the prompt answers! I await with baited breath. :) They just released FF3.5. Another task is comin on. :)
Tyler

Posted: Jul 02, 2009
It's a feature I would want as well.

This probably doesn't belong in this little thread on the edge of the whole TD forum continent, but in general, I find the UI cumbersome to use, although I love the complex functionality.

My secret hope is that you guys have been developing a much more flexible, user-friendly UI, and keeping quiet about it because it's (obviously and understandably) such a big project....
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.