ForumsQuestionsAdd "Status" to the Hide / Show menu

Add "Status" to the Hide / Show menu
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 03, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Currently, the "Eye" dropdown allows to hide / show tasks based on Context, Tag or Priority.

It really need to include Status as well. E.g. I want to see only the Next Action and Active items.

This can be done via Saved Searches but it really begs to be added to the Eye.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The "Deferred Status" filter should be there and it will hide everything except for 'Active', 'Next Action' and 'Planning'
Ummagumma

Thanks, but I don't want "Planning" tasks ;) They are typically far enough that they just clutter my list in daily work.

For the immediate daily work planning, I need to see the tasks that are Next Action or Active only. Basically my list goes as this :

Starred - immediate (work on this today)
Next Action
Active
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
the tasks below this line are hidden from daily "working" views and only appear in periodic "planning" views
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Planned
Someday
Postponed

This is easily done with saved searches, of course. But since there's a drop down menu I thought it would nicely fit there as well.

This message was edited Jun 03, 2016.
Salgud

Posted by e20.09g:
Thanks, but I don't want "Planning" tasks ;) They are typically far enough that they just clutter my list in daily work.

For the immediate daily work planning, I need to see the tasks that are Next Action or Active only. Basically my list goes as this :

Starred - immediate (work on this today)
Next Action
Active
the tasks below this line are hidden from daily "working" views and only appear in periodic "planning" views
Planned
Someday
Postponed

This is easily done with saved searches, of course. But since there's a drop down menu I thought it would nicely fit there as well.

Actually, as Jake pointed out, it is there, just not in the exact format you need. TD is designed to give the majority of users what the developers believe they most often need. This seldom meets the needs of more sophisticated users, which it sounds like you are. For us, they have provided Saved Searches to customize TD to our very specific needs. As someone who's used TD for 5 years now, you already know that Saved Searches are the way to go.

If you're still spending time hopping between the standard views and your Saved Searches, might I suggest that you recreate the standard views that you use most often in your Saved Searches? I've done this, and I seldom venture off my Saved Searches list simply to avoid the extra clicks. Everything I need on a regular basis, including "Active" tasks, is right there in the admittedly long, list of Saved Searches. I have my highly customized "Hotlist", along with "Starred" (same as TD's) and many others. It just makes my life easier.

Best of luck.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.