ForumsQuestionsSaved searches available on iOS for 3 years; Android? TOO BAD 4U

Saved searches available on iOS for 3 years; Android? TOO BAD 4U
daveparkinson

Posted: Jun 29, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I have been a paying user for several years.

I'm really tired of iOS devices being treated as first class citizens in the ToodleDo app universe. And Android devices being an after thought.

Saved searches as per https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/17770/0/ios-app-version-31-saved-search.html have been available on iOS devices since August 2013.

Yet this forum post: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/19662/0/saved-search-sync-to-android-app.html ... indicates in October of 2014... "Yes, this item is on our to-do list for a future update. However, it's against our policy to comment on time frames."

So ... might you be able to have some semblance of feature parity and bring at least viewing saved searches to Android nearly three years after it's been available for iOS devices?

You can see I'm certainly not the only one asking: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/18580/5/toodledo-android-app.html

I have also found it impossible to search by tag via the app which makes tagging tasks that are errands, with the incredibly creative 'errands' tag does not help me when I'm not in front of my computer and instead on the go, trying to accomplish said errands (without an iPhone, which I'm sure already has this feature).

How much longer should paying customers anticipate having to wait for this simple feature parity? 5 years? 10 years?

Please do inform us so that I can make my determination whether or not to renew my subscription when it next expires.

Best regards,
A Paying Customer

This message was edited Jun 29, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 29, 2016
We are working really hard to bring the Android app and iOS app into feature parity with themselves and with the website (attachments, collaboration, etc).

It is a big project that we have already alluded to before in other announcements, but the short story is that we are tossing out the old iOS app and old Android app and are rewriting both of them from the ground up to be totally awesome and in feature parity with the website from day one. This is why neither of our apps have seen updates for awhile. We are deep into this project and are making great progress.
Salgud

Posted: Jun 30, 2016
That sounds great, Jake, can't wait to see it.
amswitzer

Posted: Sep 05, 2016
This is the reason I left Toodledo about 7 or 8 months ago, for Todoist. Toodledo offers much greater functionality, but I am willing to live without some of the features because I make great use of saved filters (or - saved searches as they are known here)

I'll keep my eye on things here.

Do you need beta-testers for the new Android app when you get to that stage?

Edit: I'm on your Android beta test list through the Play Store, so I assume that my app will be updated when you release it for beta testing

This message was edited Sep 05, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.