ForumsQuestionsNotify another person via SMS

Notify another person via SMS
JHenning

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to send an SMS to someone else? An email could also work because I can forward that to his phone.

For example, one of my Folders is for a Building Maintenance and our maintenance guy doesn't have and couldn't work a computer.

It would be great if I could set these items to SMS message him on the date scheduled.

Thanks
Anders

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
I can't think of any easy way you could do this. If you use Gmail, or some other system with advanced filtering/forwarding options, you could use some key word in the task name, and automatically set your email system to forward any reminder with that word to the person as an SMS.

I know there have been requests to allow for single tasks to be emailed out, and I suppose that could help you here as well.
Proximo

@Jerry,

I can see this as a nice feature. Not sure how many users would benefit from this type of scenario, but it would be nice.

I don't collaborate much with anyone, but I can see a benefit of reminding the guys that work for me on various projects I need them to do or reports I need from them.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, we dont have a way to SMS someone else when certain tasks are due for you. You would need to use our collaboration tools to setup another account for the other person.
JHenning

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
@Anders
Thank you for the suggestion. I believe setting up a forward rule will work for now, I didn't think of that.

@Toodledo
We do have multiple ProAccounts and we do use the collaboration options for them. But in this case they won't work because this person doesn't have and wouldn't use a computer.

WISH LIST ITEM: Add multiple notify email addresses and then allow us to select which address for a task use.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.