ForumsQuestionsDelete Completed Tasks question

Delete Completed Tasks question
abahde

Posted: Aug 20, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I have always had my profile set to Delete Completed Tasks after 6 months (since I started using ToodleDo in 11/14). However, today, I'm looking for a unfinished tasks, cannot find it in my list of All Tasks. I'm checking in Recently Deleted Tasks to see if I accidentally deleted it. At the bottom of the list it shows: >>This log only records the last month of activity, and only the last 500 tasks deleted. Tasks deleted more than one month ago have been permanently deleted and are unrecoverable.<<

So where are the previous 5 months of activity? (I set it to retain completed tasks for 6 months and it only shows 1 month of activity. That means 5 months of activity are not shown.)

I have many tasks set to repeat Daily due to a memory disability, I check them off daily so they will reappear on tomorrow's list. And that is what is showing in my Recently Deleted Tasks list.

I understand Deleted Tasks are different than Completed Tasks, yet my Recently Deleted Tasks lists displays only the repeating tasks that I daily mark complete so they will appear tomorrow. That confuses me, my Recently Deleted Tasks list is not Recently Deleted Tasks, it's Recently COMPLETED Tasks. Would someone explain this please?

And also, where are my last 5 months of activity?

TIA,
Audrey
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 22, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
When you check off a task (complete it), we retain that for 6 months. You can find all those tasks by following these instructions:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#126

When you delete a task (trash can) or when a task is automatically deleted because it is more than 6 months old, it goes into the "recently deleted tasks" list for an additional month.

If you see repeating tasks in the deleted list it is because you completed them 6 months ago and that old completed copy is now being deleted. If you have checked off a repeating task every day for the last 6 months, you will have 180 completed copies of that task in your history and one will be deleted every day as it gets old enough.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.