ForumsQuestionsHiding future same day tasks

Hiding future same day tasks
johnprince2112

Posted: Sep 04, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hey all, it's been a while since i really used Toodledo, after testing the waters with IQTell, RTM, Wunderlist, Nirvana, Swipes, Handle. etc, etc, I'm confident I've performed my due diligence in moving forward with TootdleDo. (Complete separate post on this)

I've got tired head going through revamping my views, and am struggling to create a view as such:
"Show me available tasks to pick up" where available IS
"Not Starred" (those are already assigned)
Status is "Next Action"
or Status is Planning and DueDate is today AND due time is <= current time.

As an example,
I have two tasks task I created last week called, status is both "Planning"
"Post thread on forum". Due Date AFTER 09/04/2016 @11:00am
"Get laptop" Due date AFTER 09/04/2016 @8:00am

If on, 09/04/2016 @8:30am I launched this view, I would only want to see "Get laptop". I am using the due date modifiers "After", "On", and "By".

Thanks so much!
p.s. I'm okay with placing the "future" tasks in to a deferred status type, however, I'd like to ensure that is overwritten once the time has passed, As an example, My 'deferred' tasks will show up after their due time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 06, 2016
You should check out the advanced search section. You can make a "Saved Search" that does exactly this.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
johnprince2112

Posted: Sep 08, 2016
Many thanks. For future reference, how do I access this? In other words, I went to the Help Center, and queried for 'search' and 'views', this was in neither result set. In other words, I understand the importance of due diligence here, so help me help you. The help material is fantastic, just not very intuitive IMO. If you agree it needs a face lift, please put me down as a requester.

One other item I've not seen is the ability to format the menu headings for saved searches. I imagine many folks use a character-based hierarchy, such as myself. but think it would be incredibly useful to format the headings via HTML, Markup, XSL, CSS....something.

Thanks again
johnprince2112

Okay, so Jake, I guess my question was not clear enough. I understand how to create searches. ;-) I'm wanting to understand the rules for doing so in my specific example.

I can get it to work--almost.

However, ALL tasks with a due date are hidden until that time. This is bad, because I want the tasks with the "By" modifier to appear. i.e. If something is due "by" a time, I want it to be in my result set. If it's due on or after a time, I don't want it to appear until that time has occurred or passed.

When I create a query that says "Hide tasks with due dates until the day and time has occured, it is hiding the "Due By" tasks as well. Make sense. I didn't see anything in the link you provided specific to creating a search such as this. The help information for due date modifiers does not indicate this is supported anywhere I could see.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, you cant currently target the "by" data in a saved search. This is something that we hope to make possible in the future.

After reading over your requirements again, I don't think that Toodledo can do exactly what you want right now. Sorry.
johnprince2112

Posted: Sep 09, 2016
Cool. No worries. As long as you understand my dilemma, hopefully it's something you can add to your backlog. If you were to exclude the "By" modifier (or provide it as an object for the query string) in addition to inserting the add date/time to the modified (or making it configurable as well) it opens the doors to some pretty useful views, IMO. As noted "Task Aging" is very useful to a slacker like myself, in addition to employing 'less is more' ideology, and finally helping folks to keep a strong pulse on proper task prioritization.

Succinct version: It's a good 'Weekly Review' view. ;-)

This message was edited Sep 09, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.