ForumsQuestionsDisconnect Between Habits and Tasks

Disconnect Between Habits and Tasks
lotsapoppa

Posted: Sep 20, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
The Habit feature in Toodledo is powerful and can be - potentially - life changing. However, it is set off to the side and alone when I think it should be fully implemented with the Task features. Or, at the very least, significantly linked.

For example, I would like to create a Task that says "Drink your Water!" and have it link to the Habit. When I complete the task, I also complete the Habit. I watch my task list much more often than I do my Habit list. Even with alarms in Habits, I find myself spending more time and focusing more on my to-do's of the day rather than my habits meant to improve myself over time.

Please consider making the linkage between Task and Habit stronger so we can fully benefit from both.

Thanks.
Sabina A.

Posted: Sep 22, 2016
Score: 3 Reference
Hi,

Thanks for the great suggestion. Adding Habits to the task attachment feature is on our to-do list.
tedgaty

Posted: Dec 05, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I'm curious what the target timing on this is. For me, a disconnected Habits feature makes it unusable. I'm not sure that I agree with the experience described above either - to me, I want to go to the Habits input screen and describe the habits I want to practice and the frequency to practice them. From there, I would want it to spawn a task - so I have one place to go to see what I have to do (regardless of the type of thing it is). Now, I'll create multiple tasks for working out (daily), flossing (daily), etc.
Sabina A.

Posted: Dec 05, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
We don't have an ETA for this yet, but thanks for the suggestions!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.