ForumsQuestionsReceive email of completed tasks today

Receive email of completed tasks today
werpnst8

Posted: Sep 24, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Is it possible to get an email once a day or once a week with the list of completed tasks and their related other details (i.e. date completed, folder, tag, etc.)? I see how to get an email of upcoming tasks, but for my reporting requirements at work, it would be handy to list what I completed that day/week. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 26, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Sorry, but this isnt possible right now as an email.

You can create a "saved search" that shows the last week of completed tasks and then you can create a Toodledo task that repeats once a week to remind you to look at this list.
tomcal

Posted: Sep 27, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
I use an IF (IFTTT) recipe for this and it works great. I have it sent to Evernote but you can certainly set up the same thing for email. The nice thing about sending it to Evernote is that I'll always have a record of all of my past Toodledo completions, along with their notes and tags. The tags also sync with Evernote tags. It is so easy to search in Evernote for the item or the tag.
janannons

Posted: Oct 04, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by DrFrankBuck:
I also use IFTTT. My recipe is written so that if a task is completed in Toodledo, then it appears as a new line on a Google spreadsheet.

When the spreadsheet reaches a certain length (I think it's 2,000 lines), a new spreadsheet is created. The creation of the spreadsheet, new spreadsheet when one reaches the limit, and a folder for all of those spreadsheets to go into happens automatically.

The spreadsheet does contain the note section of the task, dates, etc.

To me, this would be better than having your completed tasks emailed to you. You can search, sort, and filter a spreadsheet much more efficiently than you can do any of that with old emails.

impressive do you have an "example code" for this?

I am starting with Toodledo and wouldlike to do similar as you do
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.