ForumsQuestionsPlease Provide Filtering on Folders within Views

Please Provide Filtering on Folders within Views
lotsapoppa

Posted: Sep 26, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Please provide the ability to filter out 1 or more folders using the "Eye" icon and the filtering options. While the current application's functionality is powerful, it is not complete. I want to not only filter on tags and context, but also folders.

For example...

Filter on folders "A" and "B".
Filter on context "@Home"
Filter on tags "#Waiting-For"

This would allow me to view EXACTLY the tags I want to see instead of others that might exist in other folders.

Current workaround is to go to a specific folder and filter, but this method only allows me to see one folder at a time instead of multiple folders at once.

My thanks for considering this request.
Salgud

I guess you haven't found Save Searches yet. Nor bothered to do a search in the help screens or the forums for your answer. These are the quickest ways to solve a problem in TD.

If you look at the left side of the TD screen (web-based), you'll see a bunch of icons in a blue menu strip down the side. Click on the bottom one, the magnifying glass, then click on New Search. You'll see that you can do exactly what you have queried about and fairly easily. If you want to know more about Saved Searches, you can query the forums and the help screens. If you have questions that you can't find answers to this way, you can always come to the forums and ask for help.
lotsapoppa

Thank you for contributing to the conversation, Salgud.

The solution you suggest works just fine, but I am in need of an "on the fly" method that only a filtered method would provide. My needs deal directly with the view I am currently in and then the next action to filter by folder within that view. Another level of thinning out the view, if you will.

I would rather not create a new search for every one-off case I might have. The list of saved searches will quickly become bulky.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is not currently a way to filter on a folder. The closest thing that I can think of for your situation would be to sort by folder and then close the sections that you are not interested in.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.