ForumsQuestionsiPhone Push Notifications

iPhone Push Notifications
Anders

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
If you have multiple reminders scheduled to arrive at the same time, only one of them will be recieved. That is just the way Apple has "designed" the system. If you need to get multiple reminders, you should schedule them at least 5 minutes apart.
sankm0

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Thanks Anders.
sebhk

Posted: Oct 07, 2009
hi,

I would like to know if you have a plan to develop the "snooze" featue for your reminders.( refer to Outlook vocabulary )

Indeed the reminder can pop-up on the iPhone at a time where you can not necessarily action the task and it is convenient in this case to have the capability of saying "remind me again in 20 mn" for instance.

Many thanks,
S. ILHE
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We would love this, but Apple needs to provide this functionality. It is beyond our ability.
Anders

Posted by Toodledo:
We would love this, but Apple needs to provide this functionality. It is beyond our ability.

It is sort of possible. What other apps are doing is adding a "snooze" button to the notification that takes you into the app to basically set up a new push notification (so it is not technically snooze). I really don't see much use in that. The notification can already take you to the task, so the pseudo-snooze other apps are doing really only saves you the couple of taps it takes to go into the editor. I think Apple is going to have to come up with some way of letting people really snooze alerts so they are sent back to the Push network and just wait for the new time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Apple also needs to provide a way to view multiple notifications that come through at the same time instead of overwriting the previous one when the new one.
Anders

That is another key problem with the current Push system. There is a lot of work needed to make it really useful, but I wonder if Apple's time would be better spent working on an API for on-device reminders. Once they do that, Push for things like Toodledo reminders won't even be necessary (it would be different for things like IM and email notifications), and you have to hope that is something they are planning to do anyway.
ddn2003

Posted: Dec 06, 2009
I would like to see a 0 minutes before alert time. 15 minutes is too early for me.

Thanx
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.