ForumsQuestionsCan we enter context on iPhone App?

Can we enter context on iPhone App?
sholom

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to be able to add "context" when I'm entering a new task on my iPhone App. I don't see how. When I'm on the Web, context is one of my displayed fields. On the iPhone App, under Settings > Fields&Defaults -- context is listed as "unused" and I don't see how to change that.

Am I missing something?
Anders

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
On the "Fields&Defaults" screen, tap the "Reorder" button. Then you can drag any fields you want to use to the "Fields Used" section. Also note that it is significant which field is at the top of that list as the top field will be used to determine secondary sorting in your lists.
sholom

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Ding ding ding -- that's a winner! ;-)

That worked just as you suggested.

Thanks!
lorenrsorensen

Posted: Jul 25, 2009
Thank you so much for this "Oh so helpful" post. I was really bummed when I thought that Context had not made it to the iphone version of the app. Now I'm really jazzed! Thanks!
Claudio

Isn't it time for Toodledo to include all fields by default?

(And, yes, I've said this before. But not as many times as Anders and Jake have said this: On the "Fields&Defaults" screen, tap the "Reorder" button. Then you can drag any fields you want to use to the "Fields Used" section.)

And, yes, thanks for the suggestion. :(

This message was edited Jul 25, 2009.
Anders

You have a point, but I think some people might be overwhelmed by having all fields enabled. Maybe the app could have you configure the settings when you first open it. I don't know if the SDK supports anything like that, but it would be even better IMO.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2009
What we really should do is detect what fields the user has configured on the website and mirror that on the iPhone. This is on our to-do list. The reason why we only enable certain fields be defaults is to avoid overwhelming new users with fields that we know are used less frequently.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.