ForumsQuestionsHow to open a task for easy viewing and editing?

How to open a task for easy viewing and editing?
agoodwin21_2

Posted: Nov 28, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Once you have created a task, how do you "open" the task so that you can see all of the fields in an task window? For the life of me, I can't find out how to view all of the task fields without having to scroll and edit them while in the grid format? Is there no ability to have a simple task window open up for easy viewing and editing of fields if necessary?

Thank you.
Aaron
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 28, 2016
If you are viewing your list in grid format, it displays all your tasks as a spreadsheet with every field that you use visible on the screen. You may have to scroll horizontally if you have lots of fields enabled. Because you can see every field of the task here, there isn't a need to "open" an individual task to view it's fields.
agoodwin21_2

Posted: Nov 29, 2016
Thanks for the reply Jake. Technically you are correct that the grid view allows for all the fields to be eventually seen. However, I don't have a 35 inch computer screen so I have to constantly scroll back and forth which from a UI perspective is really a disadvantage. Any plans on enhancing the task view?

Also, when adding a new task the majority of the fields can be inputted by using the mouse except for the time related fields which have to be entered via the keyboard. Any plans on having a graphical way of inputting the time?

Thanks again for the reply.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2016
You might try switching from grid format to "multi-line" format. This will scale to your monitor size nicely and you toggle a switch to see the task's details. In the new version of Tasks that we are working on you could also make your browser window skinny and go into mobile format which will allow you to drill into a specific task and see its details. This is coming out soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.