ForumsQuestionsFuture Tasks Hides Tasks in Progress

Future Tasks Hides Tasks in Progress
Canuk_user

Posted: Dec 02, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I have searched forums and help but cannot get the answer to an issue - although I suspect the answer is I cant:

You can hide tasks if the future date is far enough out compared to the global hide future task setting (and the hide future tasks is on). Or you can hide a task by having a start date after today (and the hide future tasks is on).

However, If I have a task that started a month ago and a due date of 8 months out (global hide set to 6 months which is max) - in other words the task is in progress but with a very long time-frame, the task gets hidden as I have the hide future task setting on. But I need to have the hide future task setting on to hide hide tasks that don't start until future.

Any solutions to showing tasks in progress, with a far out due date, while hiding other, future tasks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This hasn't come up before, so I don't really have a perfect solution to this scenario. My best suggestion is to break your long running task into pieces.

Maybe instead of
"Project A starts 1 month ago, due in 8 months"

You could instead have
"Work on Project A, starts 1 month ago, due never"
"Finish Project A, starts 1 month ago, due in 8 months"

This way you can always see the "work" version of the task and then when the due-date gets closer you'll start to see "finish".

Another option for an 9 month long task is to break it down into pieces by using a folder or subtasks or something so that you have more defined steps than just 1 task that lasts for the entire duration.

This message was edited Dec 02, 2016.
Canuk_user

Thanks for the quick response.

Truth be told, I have a folder for projects which are causing me the date issue (Im just working on setting up). I do use sub-tasks which have more reasonable dates and work fine.. However, weekly I like to scan all projects in progress at a high level which twigs my mind on possible new tasks that need to get done.

One thing I thought of is a bit of a manual work-around, is to not use a due date for my long-term project sand simply the due date in brackets at the end of the task description). I could add the date back once it is within six months. Not ideal, but will work if no other solution.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.