ForumsQuestionsRe-ordering tasks either in the list or in sub-tasks

Re-ordering tasks either in the list or in sub-tasks
Personal_5

Posted: Dec 03, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any way to manually re-order the sort order of tasks either in the overall task list or within subtasks?

My use case is that I have several tasks I need to complete but they need to be done in a sequence. Ideally they would flow top to bottom with the first task in the sequence first, the second one second, etc... however I can't find a way to change the sort order. This use case applies both to sub-tasks (e.g. when certain tasks need to be done in sequence to complete an overall project or task) and in the general task list (e.g. where I want to do one task first).

Given all the other features in Toodledo I'm assuming it's somewhere and I am just missing it... any ideas?
Joyce

Posted: Dec 03, 2016
you can't manually order tasks. Sometimes they'll line up by due date or you can number them and use alphabetic sort to keep them in order. I don't know if that will hold together in a saved search.
Olivir2015

Posted: Dec 05, 2016
I am pretty sure the vast possibilites for sorting, including 3 levels of sorting criteria are the reason for not allowing for manual sorting of tasks (not intended subtasks). I would agree with @Joyce and suggest to use leading characters in task's titles and sorting alphabetically.
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
You can manually order subtasks by changing the settings under Subtask.
Personal_5

Thank you all for the replies. Salgud, your suggestion worked like a charm for subtasks so that is what I am going to do.

Thanks again - what a great community!
Olivir2015

Posted: Dec 06, 2016
Oh, I tought you already knew that and talked about tasks, not subtasks...my bad:-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.