ForumsQuestionsOlder note version on iPhone overwrote newer version w/o sync??

Older note version on iPhone overwrote newer version w/o sync??
[email protected]

Posted: Dec 09, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
This happened about a year ago and just occured again. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Large Note document I update daily on my desktop computer.

I accessed ToodleDo on my iPhone yesterday which was last sync'd to ToodleDo on 11/24/16. I looked at the Note but did not sync.

Got home to use my home computer and the note has reverted BACK to the 11/24 version that is on my phone without the many many many updates I've made since then up until 12/8/16. I did NOT edit the Note on the phone or sync at any time.

How does this happen?? So much work lost and I'm sure the old version of the note from just 24 hours ago cannot be recovered (I was told this last year).

Make sure to back up any important notes people, this seems to be an unreliable system.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 12, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I am sorry that this happened. This is very unusual and not something that I have been able to reproduce. Is it possible that sometime between 11/24/16 you viewed the note and made some sort of edit that was not synced? Then when you opened the app on 12/8/16 it finally synced that change and overwrote what was on the website? This is the only thing that I can think of.

Right now, the only way that a note in the app can overwrite a note on the website is if the app thinks the note has been edited. Viewing the note, tapping on the note and then pressing the "save" button without making any changes still counts as "editing" the note and will cause it to be sent to the website for saving. Is it possible this happened?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.