ForumsQuestionsUsing Reminders via Siri to set an alarm

Using Reminders via Siri to set an alarm
maureen_1358227325

Posted: Dec 10, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I have reminders syncing from Toodledo set on my iPhone so that I can enter tasks to Toodledo using Siri. I've set reminders syncing to delete the task from "Reminders" after synching to avoid duplicated. However, now my iPhone does not remind me for tasks due at a specific time.

Example:

1. I tell Siri "Remind me to check dinner in 10 minutes."
2. The reminder syncs to Toodledo with a due time of 10 minutes from now.
3. However, the alarm gets entered into my task list as "no alarm." I can manually go in and set an alarm but that defeats the purpose of easy entry of tasks--especially ones that are happening soon.

If I don't use reminders syncing, I can get the alarms directly from my iPhone per the way Reminders works. However, that defeats the purpose of using Siri to easily enter in reminders to Toodledo.

What am I missing? Any fixes?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 12, 2016
Try setting a default reminder time in the Toodledo settings section. Thats the only way to get an alarm on tasks automatically.
mgacsaly

Posted: Dec 15, 2016
I just say:
"Hey Siri set timer for ten minutes"
As I don't need a toodledo task to check dinner.

BUT - the below works (strange but true)...

"Hey Siri Remind me to go to the store NEWLINE SLASH tomorrow"

You actually say "newline slash" (the newline is needed otherwise the task becomes "go to store/tomorrow").
This creates a task with "go to the store /tomorrow" which Toodledo changes to "go to the store" with a due date set to tomorrow.
You can also use this trick to as tag.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.