ForumsQuestionsLists / Exporting / where does the CSV file go?

Lists / Exporting / where does the CSV file go?
creinhard

Posted: Dec 19, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

I'm trying to duplicate a List. Seems the only way to duplicate it (with contents) is to export the list as CSV and then import in back into another list. But where does the exported CSV file go?

Thanks
Chris
Olivir2015

Posted: Dec 20, 2016
If you are talking about the web app, then the export (at least on IE 11) is just a link to a file, so it gets saved just as any other file - your download folder (or any folder chosen, Save As..., or folder in your download manager etc.)

Posted by creinhard:
Hi

I'm trying to duplicate a List. Seems the only way to duplicate it (with contents) is to export the list as CSV and then import in back into another list. But where does the exported CSV file go?

Thanks
Chris
creinhard

Yes, I'm using the Web app ... I don't seem to be getting a prompt that asks me where to export the file to.

And the exported file is not in the download icon (firefox or chrome)

And the Download file on my local C: drive doesn't have it.

Is there some default-location-setting that I'm not aware of?

Thanks
Chris
Sabina A.

Hello,

When you select "Export" in the drop down menu, you'll see a pop-up, then you need to select "CSV" (click on CSV text). Is this what you're are doing?

This message was edited Dec 20, 2016.
creinhard

Got it!

I thought the "CSV" was a mouseover describing what a CSV file was (and I thought the export process had already finished once I clicked Export from the dropdown, so I clicked the Done button) ...

Thanks,
Chris
Sabina A.

Sorry for the confusion!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.