ForumsQuestionsNotifications are not working?

Notifications are not working?
bowy3r

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello.

I recently started using Toodledo and I love it so far. Unfortunatly, I have a problem. The key reason that I wanted to use it, is that I could get a reminder through push and/or e-mail. I tried several times to get it working, and followed the steps at the help section, but I won't get a notification.

Tried both Due on and Due by to get a notification, but still doesn't work. Iphone settings are good too. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Greets,
Jeffrey
Anders

It would be helpful if you could be more explicit about what you did to set notifications up.

Basically, here's what you need to do (whatever you have already done, skip)
-Confirm in the Toodledo app that you want to allow notifications through the popup box.
-Make sure that in your iPhone settings, under Notifications, that you have notifications turned on in general, and also for the Toodledo app.
-On this website, go to this page: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php
Choose iPhone to receive notifications, and click Save Changes.
-When setting a reminder for a task from the app, make sure you set at least a Due Date (on/by, etc. doesn't matter), and also a Due Time or noon will be treated as the Due Time for notification purposes. Then tap on Alarm, and choose the amount of lead time before the Due Time that you want to receive the notification. You are a Pro subscriber, so you will have various options for lead times, while basic subscribers are limited to the 1 hour lead time.

I can't think of anything else, so hopefully there is something there that you missed. I am guessing it was setting the Alarm lead time for the task.

BTW, to set a reminder when creating a task on the website, when setting the Due Date/Time, just check the Remind Me box, and choose a lead time from the box next to it.
bowy3r

I found the problem!

Timezone was not correct! I live in the Netherlands, not in the US! Got it correctly now!

Thanks anyway, you guys make a great application!

Jeffrey
Anders

I'm glad you worked that out. I have to remember to always mention the time zone settings to people, especially newcomers. It seems to be one of the most frequent causes of problems. I think that may be why Toodledo added the clock to the sidebar recently. Perhaps it should be more prominently displayed?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2009
We are also planning to ask for a user's timezone when they create their account, which should solve a lot of these problems.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.