ForumsQuestionsAny way to stop new tasks from appearing at the top?

Any way to stop new tasks from appearing at the top?
SpazzyCat

Posted: Jan 23, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
New user here. So this is a pretty minor thing but it's become a repeated annoyance. I've been keeping my list up on my second monitor with one folder of tasks open at a time. When I add a new task, it appears at the top of the list with a green background.

Now if I refresh the page, it'll sort and go to the correct folder, exactly as it should. But that means I have to refresh the page and then re-close all the folders I'm not working on at the time.

So I was wondering if there's a way to either

A. Have added items go straight into the correct folder and not appear at the top of the list after adding them.

or

B. Is there a button I've overlooked that I can click to dismiss the newly-added task from the top/green highlight?

I'd kind of prefer the second option as I do like to see how it was added in just to confirm it's correct before dismissing it from view. I'm a bit ADD so I remember completely unrelated tasks while working and having everything I add visible is distracting and the process of refreshing and minimizing/closing things interrupts my workflow (which Toodledo has been otherwise amazing for).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 23, 2017
Neither of these are possible right now, but I see the value in what you are suggesting. I think what you want is for the state of the dividers (opened/closed) to be saved across page refreshes. I'll look into this.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 24, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
Jake, whatever solution you end up with, please make it optional to change. I remember that at one time, when adding new tasks, they simply disappeared and often had to be hunted down to add to or modify. I prefer them being at the top of the list so I can find them easily to make changes before they are swallowed into the void.

Thanks.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Jan 24, 2017
+1 for Salgud's suggestion, I also preffer to have new task at the top as it is now to easily apply some additonal modifications.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2017.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.