ForumsQuestionsTask v. Subtask display

Task v. Subtask display
steph

Posted: Feb 05, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Perhaps there is a setting, but I can't find it...

I have a lot of tasks that have many subtasks; in fact, I love this feature. Those subtasks often have different priorities, contexts and due dates than the main task. The problem is that when the app displays my lists of tasks and subtasks, there is a line for the main task and then lines for all the subtasks. Since, in this case, the main task is just a header, I would like a setting that allows me to *not* display the task when it has subtasks. Or even better, allow me to display the main task as metadata for subtasks.

For example, if I have a main task that is "buy supplies for Spring fundraiser", and then I have a list of items (napkins, tablecloth, flyers, etc.), I would prefer that I not have a to-to on my list that says "buy supplies....". Instead, I want one task that says "napkins", with a metatag displayed underneath that says "buy supplies...". That way, I can check off each subtask, without the main task taking up space on my list.

I have searched for such a setting, but am not finding it. So this is either a request for guidance, or a feature suggestion.

Steph
pawelkaleta

Posted: Feb 05, 2017
You will probably get the answer soon that proper Saved Search is a solution for you.

But in fact, such setting similar to "Show Subtasks Inline/Hidden/Indented" for Parent tasks would be very convenient. And the best thing would be to hava an option to show Parent task name as metadata/additional column as that would solve the problem of moving subtasks between parent tasks or assign new tasks quickly to existing parent tasks. But all those things are not possible at the moment.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 06, 2017
In our new Tasks section that we are working on, we implemented this feature, but our beta testers didn't like it, so we removed it. We were thinking of putting this back at some point in the future, but it would be an account setting so you could turn this on/off depending on your preference.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.