ForumsQuestionsPush Hotlist vs Full Todo List

Push Hotlist vs Full Todo List
Geoff

Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
First of all I love the push feature and the auto update of the application badge feature. However, the app badge keeps on being push updated with my total number of todos. I have it setup to be updated with my Hotlist number (on my iPhone app). I would like the badge to be push updated with just the hotlist count. When I launch the app and close it out, the badge resets to my hotlist count (just like I want). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I am missing?
Anders

Are you sure it is updating with you All Tasks count? The badge updates have to come straight down from Toodledo's servers. If you have your subtasks nested in the app, then the badge count for your hotlist, when generated by the app will only represent parent tasks on the Hotlist. However, when the badge is updated by the servers, it will be updated with the number of both parent and subtasks in your Hotlist regardless of your subtask display settings. I don't know if there is anything Toodledo can do about that or not. If you just want the parent task count, your only option at this point is to turn off automatic bage updates.
Geoff

Oh I think you're right. It's pushing the count including subtasks. But my hotlist doesn't display them, only the parent todo. Thanks. I should have investigated further before being frustrated!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The server doesn't know that you have subtasks nested on the iPhone, so it sends the complete task count. We are working on an improvement for a future update that will get around this slight inconsistency.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.