ForumsQuestionsGoogle Now "note to self" not working via headset?

Google Now "note to self" not working via headset?
dominik.sojer

Posted: Feb 14, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Dear all,

I have a question concerning adding a task to Toodledo via the Google Now "note to self" command. My setup is an Android mobile phone (Oneplus 3) and a bluetooth headset (Bose QC35).

Whats working: I can add tasks to Toodledo on my mobile phone by using the Google Now "note to self" command on the built-in microphone.
Whats not working: When I try to use "note to self" on my bluetooth headset, the Google Now voice returns "sorry, no results found for 'note to self' ".

So my question is: is there a problem with my setup, or is "note to self" supposed to not work via headset?

I haven't found the answer on the forum yet.

Best regards

Dominik

This message was edited Feb 14, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
As far as I know, the "note to self" feature doesnt care what type of microphone you use. Perhaps the bluetooth headset has a bad connection and it cant recognize what you are saying? Thats the only thing that I can think of.
ykphuahmy

You might need to enable the detection over bluetooth.

Can you run the Google app, then go to Settings -> Voice->Hands Free, make sure "For Bluetooth Devices" is checked, then back out and check the "Bluetooth headset"!
dominik.sojer

Posted: Feb 15, 2017
Thank you very much for your replies.

@ykphuahmy: The voice detection over bluetooth is enabled.

I did some more experiments: "note to self" works on the headset, when the phone is unlocked. When the phone is locked, I get the reply "sorry, no results found for 'note to self'". That is really strange, because I also activated "voice unlock" in the settings of the Google app.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2017.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.