ForumsQuestionsSmart Add for the Android app

Smart Add for the Android app
tehcrash

Posted: Mar 04, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I've moving over from using Todoist, and Toodledo's Smart Add feature is pretty much on par with the Todoist one. However, it only works on the web client, and I record nearly all of my tasks on the go from the phone. Filling out the extra fields on mobile really sucks, as does leaving them to be filled later when I'm next at a PC.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 06, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
You can try using our new (beta) website which works on mobile and has the Smart Add functionality built in.

https://tasks.toodledo.com
tehcrash

Posted: Mar 07, 2017
While the WebClient appears to be superior to the Android app in every way, there is either
1) no Smart Add,
2) Smart Add is in someplace non-obvious, or
3) you are calling the adding experience from the WC "Smart Add" because it is superior to the android app's add, but it does not handle passing the other fields via the text box. A task I just created there has the literal name "Test task from web client /home /personal /today" instead of applying the context, folder, or due date.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, I was getting ahead of myself. I forgot that we haven't yet released the Smart Add to the new mobile site. My apologies. We are working on it.
coolexplorer

Score: -1 Reference
I disagree that the Web Client works better than the Android App on an Android mobile device. I tried it out via Chrome but had a lot of difficulty even moving around or opening menus.

The Android App has improved a lot however (with custom saved searches) and I am using it.

Hope the TD website continues to get improved offline support, since my internet is sometimes flaky.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.