ForumsQuestionsHow to use repeat tasks

How to use repeat tasks
hirotakarnival

Posted: Mar 05, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I want to know how to setup repeat tasks in detail, for example "every year on December 25" or "every month on 7th".
I also want to know if I can get how to use other convenient repeat sentences.
Would anyone like tell me it?
CharleneTX

Posted: Mar 05, 2017
You might want to start here:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#2
hirotakarnival

Posted: Mar 12, 2017
I already have seen it, but I couldn't make tasks what I wanted.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 13, 2017
1) To make a Christmas task you could set its due-date to Dec 25 and then set the repeat to "every 1 year".
2) To make a month task on the 7th, you would set the due-date to April 7 and then set the repeat to "every 1 month".

Hope that helps!
dgeveke

Posted: Mar 15, 2017
Today, I started using the newest version of tasks. I was deeply sorry to see that one of my biggest pet peeves has not been addressed yet. In 2013, I posted the following:

Repeat task on X day of the month every Y months
For the life of me, I can't understand why this is not an option. Examples of where this would be extremely useful are daylight savings time (first Sunday of every 12 months) and holidays (Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.).

Back in 2013, I received a response that this would be addressed. It's been more than three years and this option is still not available. WHY?
pawelkaleta

Score: -1 Reference
I understand the request is for every Y months but looking at all the examples provided, they are all yearly repeating tasks which you can define in the current setup.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There are a lot of technical reasons why this is difficult. The main one being that the iOS and Android and Web would need to be updated at the exact same time for this to work. This is difficult. Also, all of the 3rd party apps that sync with Toodledo would need to be given time to support this new repeat before it went into place. Its a difficult thing to coordinate, but we have made some progress towards making this possible.
dgeveke

Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Thanks Jake for the explanation and for your efforts to remedy this problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.